HEALIS is an international alliance of independent professionals and consultants in the emerging field of data science. We have been active, especially in the field of Semantic Web and noSQL DBMS, since 2010. Currently our activities are centred to apply new database technology and data visualization methods in order to integrate data from disparate data sources, control them from multiple business models-views, diagnose the source of the problem and provide prescriptive and predictive analytics to regain control of your business.
Our Strategic Plan
- Collaborative Innovative Networks : to seek collectively innovative solutions
- Practice-Based Research Networks : to promote competence and sharing of good practises
- Thematic Networks : centred around a specific major topic of interest
- Business Models Networks : to standardize common experts’ views in a business sector
- Assessment – Evaluation – Certification Networks : quality and accreditation boards
The source of inspiration for HEALIS is Dr. Athanassios I. Hatzis. Athanassios is currently a freelancer and since September 2009 has been relentlessly occupied with a meticulous private research on database models and how these can be applied for personal or health information management. For that purpose he has founded HEALIS to offer consultation services and training on the use of next generation database technology and applications. During this period he has developed and made public the following open source software projects:
- MEDILIG - Medical Life Guard is an Electronic Health Record (EHR) cross-platform software for the design, implementation, and use of autonomous, open, database models for multilingual medical knowledge management systems from primary care to continuing care. MEDILIG since its first release has been on the top ten lists of the most popular EHR and EMR software at SourceForge.
- R3DM/S3DM – A conceptual framework that formalizes the architectural design of a unified data modelling process in software engineering. It is an innovative threefold perspective on the layers of abstraction based on the theory of semiosis.
- NULON - Neurorganon Upper Level Ontology is a top-level, foundation, ontology that includes a list of very general terms grouped in ontological distinct, most fundamental and broad categories.
- DBAPI - A functional RESTful HTTP API in Wolfram Language (Mathematica) for NoSQL databases such as OrientDB.
In the past Athanassios has been a Health Information Technology Managing Director in the Hellenic Neurosurgical Research Center “Professor Petros S. Kokkalis” and the Department of Neurosurgery in the University of Athens situated at “Evangelismos” General Hospital for four years. The adoption and use of electronic medical record and clinical decision support systems for chronic neurological disorders, surgical teleconferencing and out-of-hospital clinical monitoring were his major achievements. A fruitful collaboration with the neurosurgeons and other hospital staff resulted in a fully modernized, fully operational, hospital clinic, the first in the history of “Evangelismos” General Hospital and a model clinic for others to follow in Greece.
Besides his Health IT management skills, Athanassios I. Hatzis has a strong research background in clinical applications of Speech Technology. He has spent ten years on research and education in top U.K universities and he has published both in Speech Technology and neurotechnology sectors in peer reviewed journals and conferences.